Friday, May 29, 2009

.today's list::05.29.09.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to what we hope will be a wonderful weekend!!
  • Got two new mugs on clearance at the Starbucks down the road.  I made sure to get a nice single, soy chai latte to go with it. . . dirty chai. . . yum!!
  • After watching Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley, I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer the original BBC version with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth.  Is it just me or is there a HUGE difference between Knightley and Ehle in their portrayal of Elizabeth Bennet?  Any Jane Austen fans out there?  ;o)
  • Speaking of Jane Austen, there is a new book out that puts an interesting spin on the classic novel.  It's titled, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  Yup, zombies.  Hmm.  Probably not my kinda reading, but still, intriguing.  
  • AND, speaking of books!  For those of you who love getting great deals on vintage goodies, you need to check out Goodwill's online store here.  Not many people know about it so the chances of you getting something for a great price is very likely.  I won a 2nd edition, US printed copy of Jane Eyre for $10!  The book is well over a 100 years old and in excellent condition.  I had my eye on a 1st edition copy of Ernest Hemingway's, The Old Man and the Sea.  Lost it in the last seconds of the auction!  Bummer.
  • I've been thinking about hacking off my hair, but the hubby is not too thrilled with that idea.  So then I thought, How about a perm?  Yikes!  Just the smell of burnt hair turns me off to that idea.  I have what the hair stylist likes to refer to as "virgin hair."  It's never been dyed, never been permed.  It's never even been dunked into a bowl of Kool-Aid.  I began to think I should nix the curls idea until I saw this post.  Is my hair naturally curly?  I'm not sure.  Maybe I should find out by getting this book.  
  • There are plans to get the spare room done this weekend.  Hopefully that will mean craft projects will be in the works!  I've been wanting to make a handmade doll for my little girl, just as my Tutu had made little bunnies for my sister and I.  When I saw Zee's post about one she made for Craft Hope, I was inspired!  I know I won't be able to make the deadline for this project, but I'm anxious to see what new one will be posted on the 14th.  
  • Quote for the day:
Hope is the thing with feathers,
that perches in the soul, and
sings the tune without words,
and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

  1. for some reason I really love lists like this as it gives me such a peek into your world. love Jane - love Colin Firth so yes, I prefer that version. I've read the Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mysteries but they're not that wonderful. I think I'll stop at zombies.

    Don't perm - it will not be good for your hair. why not braid it wet and dry it? you get waves if you do it in big braids. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, I live in the land of Jane Austen, her house is down the road from mine! (although she does not live there anymore obviously...) Love this post, its very interesting and a good read!

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!