Good . . . morning . . . a very early morning friends! I hope all is well in everyone's little spot in the world. I have been working my not-too-little tooshie off preparing for some major projects that will be taking place next month. For fear of jinxing myself, I am going to hold off on some details, but the above images should give you a clue. A week or so ago, Alex managed to salvage some old discs that we had had from the first wedding we ever photographed. The box that contained all the original negatives and photos were destroyed in the flood. Many of the discs we managed to save, but going through them now, the scan quality was really poor. Just another lesson we had to learn the hard way. But it's all good! I was still able to pull up one of my favorite photos from that day. This one of the bride standing beside her window. She had just finished putting her veil on when I saw the light quickly wrap this beautiful woman within its gentle glow. Despite the usual chaos, I kinda miss photographing people on their happiest day. So, we'll see what happens next.
One project I will tell you about is my Character / The Artist's Voice / I'm-not-really-sure-what-to-call-it Project. Going with the theme I gave myself for 2012, connect, I am working on a list of interviews I hope to get going in March, and possibly even at the end of this month. All of them are artists in their own right, some working with paint, one with salvaged scraps, another in fashion, and even one with food. I'm trying to connect alright and I'll have to admit, I'm terrified! BUT, it'll be good for me, and YOU I hope as I plan to share our connections right here.
Folks, it's way pass my bedtime, but before I go, here are a few things that have inspired me as of late:
- These guys are just amazing!
- I love this song.
- I want to see this magazine in my mailbox.
- In the meantime, I will get lost in one of their videos.
- I still refuse to join Twitter (one can only do so much social networking) but I did cave in to the wonderful thing that is Pinterest. I'm a newbie so my profile is lacking some lustre but that'll change.
- In a quest to find a flat top straw hat, I came across this website and loved it! I am not sure how the hubster would take it if I got him their book, but it seems rather insightful. :)
- Oh wow, yeah, my brain's done for the evening. . . er. . . I mean morning.
Have a beautiful rest of the day folks!