Thursday, October 23, 2008

.a week in black and white.

There aren't too many celebrities out there that I can truly say I admire.  So many seem too overly consumed with themselves and so far out of touch with the real, tangible world in which the rest of us live.  I can say though, that there is one actress that I do have a deep respect for - Angelina Jolie.  I say this, not because I'm her fervent follower who has seen all of her movies (I have not, only 4), I say it because she is real.  For anyone to give a good chunk of their paycheck to see good come to those who are less fortunate than us, I say the woman deserves the title she has of Goodwill Ambassador.  Going from badass punk chick to the loving mother of SIX, how can you not admire that?  But this is not the reason for my post, so let me move on.  

Being a big fan of photography, I was impressed to see that Brad Pitt was commissioned by W Magazine to photograph Angelina within a span of a week.  He did, and I must say that I was extremely impressed.  The photos were all showcased in black and white.  Most of them were done in low light which gave the images a lot of grain, but a lot of emotion.  I loved them!  I was truly inspired by the tone of these photos, whether it was a loving image of Jolie with her children or a quirky shot of her making a funny face.  It captured emotion and to me, that is the purpose of photography.  

Starting tomorrow, I too will challenge myself to capture black and white photos, with a much more intimate look into the life of my family and the world around me.  Give me a week and we'll see what I can capture!!  This should be interesting.  I have been needing a good photo project to get me going anyhoos!  :o)  Stay tuned. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!