Tuesday, October 22, 2013

the Kinfolk Table cookbook | almond-jam tart

Untitled

The Kinfolk Table Cookbook

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I know.  I realize I'm just a little obsessed with Kinfolk.  But seriously, can you blame me?  This publication is like my portal into a world where things are in order, clean, a little quieter, a little simpler, always with good food and with good friends who really have great fashion sense.  So when Kinfolk announced the release of their new cookbook, I knew I had to have a copy.

My first attempt in making the Almond-Jam Tart went extremely well, that is until I pulled it out of the oven.  For anyone who has NEVER baked a tart before, ALWAYS remember that the tart pan comes in two sections and that when pulling it out of the oven it is best that you hold it with two hands.  I did this up until I wanted to free my right hand to close the oven door at which point my brain completely forgot to remind me that that was going to be a bad idea.  Let's just say that the outer ring ended up as a 350˚ bracelet around my wrist for a hot second and my tart ended up splattered all over the kitchen floor.  Tip:  A friend told me that when using a tart pan, it helps to place it on top of a baking sheet.  This helps to keep fluids from dripping into the oven as well as to make removal a lot less cumbersome.

So these photos are of my second attempt at making this tart.  It truly is as delicious as it looks!


The recipe for this tart was submitted by Lillie Auld of Butter Me Up Brooklyn, and is featured in the latest issue of Kinfolk (Issue 9 - pg. 96) and in the cookbook (pg. 53).  Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Oooo, Gorgeous!
    I gave up wheat and sugar at the very start of the year and have done well...Fall is definitely the roughest time so far though.
    Pies, jam, pastry, oh my!
    Oh dear, just thought of my step-mother's Christmas rum fruitcake...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnDee! I started the gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free diet a few months back. I did pretty well up until the last couple of months. Obviously. Good on you lady! Meanwhile, I should try to find some gluten-free recipes that I can photograph AND eat!

      Delete
  2. This looks wonderful and I am thinking about baking one for Christmas. The images are so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zee, I really love this tart! The fact that the
      crust is made with a good amount of almond
      flour makes it all that more wonderful! Make
      one!! :)

      Delete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!