Hello friends. I feel that I owe all of you an apology. I have not forgotten about the music posts, I just have not had the time, nor the mental focus I needed to get them up. My mind has been a little preoccupied with things here on the home front that when I attempt to sit here and write, every thing comes out choppy and disassembled. So, I am sorry. I do hope that you are well and that beautiful things are happening in your world! I know it's not Sunday, but since I missed my "good morning Sunday" post a couple of days ago, I hope you won't mind if I do it here today.
- My website is down at the moment because I'm hoping to get a new one, or revamp my existing one. It's high time that I focus on getting this photography business off the ground don't you think?
- I am actually considering shooting weddings again. I miss the energy, the excitement of being in love, the income! So, I have a couple of books that I think are fantastic sources of inspiration and advice. The first book, Fine Art Weddings, by renowned wedding photographer Jose Villa, was just the shot in the arm that I needed. His images are so . . . beautiful! fresh . . . emotional . . . lovely! What I loved most about his book was his humble approach to everything. He didn't hold back any of his own hard learned lessons, which I think was the biggest encouragement to me. A workshop in written form, his book is essential to the aspiring, and perhaps even some seasoned wedding photographers.
- The other book, Fashion Flair for Portrait and Wedding Photography, is a book I have yet to get my hands on. I had a chance to browse through it on the Nook yesterday and liked what I saw. I'll get back with you on it once it arrives.
- I really want one of these Yudu machines! It's a really neat screen printing machine that allows you to create your own customized products such as t-shirts, totes, really just about anything! What would Yudu?
- The last several weeks, I have become increasingly aware of the fact that I'm not getting any younger, and that my health isn't all that great at the moment. I'm doing okay, I'm just tired of feeling uncomfortable and tired. I've been looking into more information about pH levels in our diet. You don't think about that stuff when you're chowing down on a burger and drinking your highly caffeinated drink. My father is a diabetic and I'm not going to be very far behind him if I don't change things now. I'm looking into these two books: The pH Balanced Diet and The Acid-Alkaline Food Guide. Getting old sucks. Just sayin'.
- Still thinking about surfing. . . a lot. Yesterday marked the beginning of tourist season here in Wilmington so the beaches will start to pack out real quickly. Still, I think of water. . . waves. . . and more water. No sharks! No sharks! Check out these two documentary films on surfing: Step Into Liquid and Riding Giants.
Have a groovy start to your summer friends!