Sunday, April 27, 2008

.last one.

After a long day at work, I sometimes find myself opening up a box of bourbon balls that I keep safely in my fridge. A delight that I have come to love since moving here to the Bluegrass. I savor the mixture of texture and taste when a sugar candy, soaked in bourbon, shrouded by a cloak of dark chocolate and topped with a single pecan meet. Mmm... Oh what simple joys it brings to an otherwise bland day. But alas! I came home the other night only to discover that my beloved box of Kentucky goodness sat empty save ONE single bourbon ball. Honestly, I could not bring myself to go ahead and ravish the poor little sweet without a tribute. And so, I have captured a shot of the highly sought after delicacy (mainly for myself) just moments before its demise. And my tastebuds are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!