Saturday, February 7, 2009

.out antiquing. . . well, sorta.

Hello all!  Well I have to say that I am so grateful for the warmer weather we've been getting lately.  The windows are open and it feels wonderful. . .  Yesterday, I couldn't help myself.  I needed to get out of the house and away from the city for a little while.  So, the little one and I went on a road trip to Bell Buckle, Tennessee.  It's a quaint town about 45 minutes southeast of Nashville.  The town has been pretty well known for it's annual arts and crafts fair held in early Autumn.  I love it for its antique shops all in walking distance of each other.  
As the little one and I walked from Bluebird Antiques and Ice Cream Parlor (I'll have another post of this place at a later date) to the main strip, I noticed another antique shop that didn't seem to be open.  In the bottom right hand corner of the storefront window, was a rather worn piece of paper.  It had been tucked into a plastic sleeve that was taped to the glass.  I couldn't help but chuckle after reading what it said.  It reads:
HOURS:
Most days I open about 9 or 10 AM
Occasionally as early as 7, but some days
as late as 12 or 1.  I close about 5:30 or 6,
occasionally about 4 or 5, but sometimes
as late as 11 or 12.  Some days I'm not here
at all, but lately I've been here just about
all the time, except when I'm someplace else.
But I should be here then too!
I sure hope this helps.

Walking into an antique store with a toddler on your hip was, how do you say. . . WORK.  Mommy was quite enthralled with all the goodies that the Bluebird and Phillips General Store had to offer, well so was wee one.  Needless to say, I didn't get to do my usual fine-toothed comb stroll through the shops, but what little bit I was able to take home with me (like a bag full of antique buttons, two spools of thread, a tea cup and saucer, vintage packet of seeds, a glass bottle and two bowls) I was quite happy.  And we didn't break anything!!  I think on my next trip, little one may need to stay at Grandma's house.  It was such a wonderful break from all the busy-ness here at home.  I hope you all have had and are having a wonderful weekend.  Hopefully, you'll have time to soak in some warm sun before winter brings back its frigid bite!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!