Sunday, February 15, 2009

.patiently awaiting spring.

I hope everyone had a beautiful Valentine's Day.  As for moi, a box of chocolate truffles, a nice drive with my two sweethearts, and some Japanese takeout. . . what more could a girl ask for?  Well. . . my hubby and I had other plans, but we were left without a babysitter.  Imagine that.  And on Valentine's Day?!  That's alright.  The two of us and our wee munchikin had fun so I'm not complaining.  Okay, well maybe just a little. 

It seems that these nice, warmer days we have been having are slipping away just as quickly as they came.  At least for a few more weeks anyway.  A brief "tease" for the upcoming change in season.  You can already see the trees starting to bud.  Some have even started to bloom a little.  When I first moved here to the South, I was introduced to the fact that there are supposedly several different "winters."  I should ask my Grandfather which one we are in now . . . is it hackberry?  dogwood?  Is there even such a thing as a hackberry winter?  I don't even  know.  What I do know is that I can hear the birds singing out my window when the sun is making his way out of slumber. . . there is the slightest hint of color on the otherwise bare trees in our backyard. . . and tufts of green grass are pushing their way up through the very barren terrain known as my front lawn.  With just these few things to keep me going, perhaps I may be able to sit back a little and patiently await the arrival of spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!