Sunday, July 5, 2009

.exploring nashville.

Ahh. . . Nashville. My home away from home. Why have I never really noticed you before? Well that's going to change!
In an attempt to get to know my surroundings better, I decided that I needed to take a different look at Nashville. I say different because I've lived here off and on for a total of almost 10 years. I was always too busy and too indifferent to really see Nashville for it's groovy self. Yes, it's Music City, but what else is it? Why do I always find myself moving back here?
I guess I'm going to find out. One thing is for certain, I'm determined to get out there and shoot some sights. Yeah, some of it is going to be cliched like the honky tonk bars and boot shops with their fancy neon signs that run up and down Broadway. It's no wonder this town was also nicknamed NashVegas.
On this journey, I plan to record some of my personal favorite spots. There will be no photos of Target, Hobby Lobby, etc. I'm talking more along the lines of Sam & Zoe's, The Beaded Bungalow, Bongo Java, Chef Yang's, you know, the cool local places!
Now considering this is Music City, I'll have to catch some shots of well known music spots like the Exit/In, Printer's Alley, the Ryman. . . well, you'll see. I'm excited to share this place with you, and maybe as I do, we'll both make some new discoveries along the way! To check out what I've captured so far, look here.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday weekend! And happy wishes to you all for this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!