Tuesday, March 8, 2011

.instax-ographs :: n˚1.




And so here are the first set of Instax photos that I feel are decent enough to share with you.  Today was really the first day I actually made a point to take the camera out with me.  Got some tires put on my truck today so while we were waiting, I piddled around the tire shop, looking for things to photograph.  Not a whole lot, but it's a start.  Later on in the day, we headed out to Wrightsville Beach.  The photos I took there were AWFUL!  Talk about major washout.  I need to figure out a way to keep the camera from overexposing when you're in a very bright spot.  You would think the "clear" setting (marked by a nice sunshine symbol) would let it know that I'm in a "sunshiney" spot.  Go figure.  As far as I know, the Instax films only come in ISO 800.  If I am mistaken, please enlighten me.  So Char, I'm working on it lady!    Other than that, I can say that I truly adore this camera.  The film is much less expensive than film for Polaroid cameras (which makes me sad) so there's less anxiety when shooting!  Ha!  Now that I've got a handful of decent shots, I may embark on some kind of Instax project.  Hmm. . . just have to wait and see.  

Here are some more Instax photos taken by other Flickrites!   And if you're into contests and Instax, here's one for you.  Happy Wednesday friends!


3 comments:

  1. how fun....you make me want to get my film camera out and play....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to get a scanner and post some of mine. i really dislike that you can't turn off the flash is the main problem. and I can't figure out the exposure on shady places. I turn it to shade but they are too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really are so creative ..don't even know what camera you are using but the colors are wonderful..have fun that is the main idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!