Friday, August 29, 2008

.go "green" with new Boho magazine.

There have been a few changes taking place in my life recently.  My "metamorphosis" I call it.  I am reevaluating aspects of my life and attempting to make changes for the better.  A new alteration to my life has been a job change.  My new place of employment is at a local bookstore.  This, I know, I will love.  Much different from my prior jobs where I was in charge and rarely at home, even when I was home.  This will allow me more time to spend with my family and to be able to do the things I want to do.  Besides these, I will be surrounded by thousands of book titles and work with new, wonderful individuals.  And so it is at the bookstore where I came across a new magazine that caught my eye as I was getting ready to leave.  Something about the title.  The pink bird, perhaps?  As I looked over its cover and skimmed through some of the pages I knew I had to get it.  The premier issue of an eco-friendly fashion magazine with a lot of spirit and spunk dedicated to a bohemian lifestyle.  It's new, it's fresh and above all, it's inspiring.  Let's face it, I could use some of that in my life right now.  I present to you, Boho magazine!
 
The running theme to this magazine is:  re-cycled. re-styled. re-used.  There are several items shown in this publication that are exactly that.  Like bangles created out of old skateboards, bags made out of a leather jacket or a vintage quilt.  The concept of converting an item from one thing into a completely different piece with a totally different, more pratical and even fashionable purpose is, well. . . genius!  Makes you want to rethink what you drop off at the thrift store!

This magazine carries lots of material.  You can't help but get drawn into every bit of it!  Throughout every page, I am extremely impressed and in awe with the tone, photos, and illustrations in each layout.  Absolute "eye candy."  In the above photo, a page featuring what classifies one as being a "boho girl."  

To bring all the fantastic products, brilliant tips and tricks, and wonderful articles to a close, at least until their next issue (can't wait!), Boho leaves us with an inspiring poem by fashion icon, and legendary actress, the late Audrey Hepburn.  [My mistake:  The poem was actually written by Sam Levenson.  Sorry!]  It is refreshing, SO refreshing to be able to pick up something that truly aspires to bring into our lives ways to be better to the world in which we live in, but especially, to be better to ourselves - mind, body and soul.  Visit them at www.bohomag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!