Friday, September 25, 2009

.rollip.

There is no doubt that the old school, vintage, dreamy look of Polaroid photos is making a big comeback these days. Unfortunately, Polaroid has stopped the production of many, if not most, of their film which has left many photographers in a panic. Stocks of film are approaching their expiration dates and depleting quite rapidly. Good news is that many of the films are still available for purchase through the likes of Polaroid's site Polapremium, as well as on Ebay, that is if you're willing to cough up some pretty hefty bucks. The average cost of the popular 600 film, which contains a total of 10 exposures per cartridge, is just over $20. So, for those of us who can't seem to bring ourselves to use up the last few exposures left in our possession, I am delighted to say that there is a website that can manipulate your original digital image into one that looks like it may have come out of that old instamatic!

The website is Rollip.com. I found it during my visit to the Shutter Sisters blog this morning. I must admit, I'm quite ADDICTED!!
This first image was created using the Rollip.

Here is the original photo.

Once you've tried it, you may find yourself creating a good pile of Pola-simulated images and need a place to share them. Flickr has a group pool dedicated to just that. So, go on. . . have fun!!

P.S. Toast has a new video up. Oh how I wish I could visit Ireland!

1 comment:

  1. it is very addictive - I found it through elsiecakes about three weeks ago and have been making them like crazy.

    beautiful shot

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!