Sunday, January 3, 2010

.a new year and another attempt at 365.

Another year has arrived and with it new opportunities to live life to the fullest. At least that is the goal I have set for myself in 2010. No more worrying about things that in the "big picture" mean nothing. This year, I have decided that life is too short to waste time. I will admit that I am very much a procrastinator. This is not to say that my days of waiting 'til the last minute are totally over. Let's just say, I acknowledge the fact that I have a problem and that admission is the first step toward "recovery." Looking back on 2009, although it was quite a tumultuous year for me, I have grown from it. The last few months, I have quickly learned that time is precious. My family and friends are my heart. It is for them that I want my life to be lived with meaning, with purpose, with energy and gratitude. To be an example and inspiration to my daughter.
I started a 365 project last year and after about a month, I grew weary of it and quit. Not this time. I've come to realize that really the only person keeping me from being able to achieve my goals was me. For so long, I have subjected myself to that annoying inner critic so much so that it literally paralyzed my creativity. Well, I've finally mustered enough courage to tell "Olga" to shut the hell up. It's my time to play. Today, I bring to you the first three installments to a year in photos.
2::365

2 comments:

  1. Kat it is so lovely to see you blogging again, I've missed you! And, I am happy you are doing a 365 this year. I love the coffe cup capture. Lovely soft tones and great dof! Cheers to a great start to 2010. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm trying one too - i hope i can keep it up but i'm afraid i too will become bored. we will have to keep each other inspired somehow.

    are the butterflies a punch or stencil?

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!