Thursday, February 24, 2011

.better than a hallelujah.

Back in Wilmington.  I want to thank all my wonderful friends for all your love.  It has been a long week.  I am exhausted, and yet my soul is refreshed and blessed.  My sweet Grandpa Bill Evans, a wonderful family man, a genuine friend, a brilliant artist and blacksmith, bid farewell to this old, tired world around seven o'clock on Saturday morning.  He went peacefully.  The song "Better Than a Hallelujah" was the last song he listened to before his spirit was lifted to the clouds.  This song has special significance to us because he was involved in the actual music video for Amy Grant.  So, if you would, please stay a moment to watch the following two videos.  Again, thank you friends for all your love and support these last few weeks.  They mean the world to me.  



We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful, the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah


4 comments:

  1. oh my word Kat. What a treasure he was. I love it when he says that the experience of making the video had touched a part of him he didn't know existed. my heart melts to hear someone of his age say that. Hugs to you.. I know you made him proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing the videos. we will keep you and your family in our prayers

    bret (FGBA)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you folks for the kind words.
    ((hugs)) to you too Char.

    Stephanie you would have adored my
    GrandDad, I just know it!

    Bret, thank you so much for being
    there on Tuesday. It is such a
    blessing to be able to finally meet
    some of the wonderful guys from
    Fiddler's Grove. Thank you so much
    for your prayers. We appreciate them.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!