Sunday, February 27, 2011

.good morning sunday :: No.6

The house is super quiet except for a hushed voice of the narrator on the History Channel.  The husband forgot to cut the t.v. before he went to bed.  The light outside is still a little dim making it pretty dark in here.  But it's okay because. . . it's quiet.  Peaceful.  yay.  Well it's Sunday friends.  Already.  I'm hoping to get my Good Morning Sunday posts back up and going.  So here's one for today.
  • Hoping to make a trip up to New Bern, NC today.  Not sure what I'm going to find, but I hear it's a neat town to visit.
  • I found out yesterday that the Amy Grant video my Grandfather starred in has been nominated for a Dove Award for Short Video of the Year.  Make sure to stay tuned on April 20th!
  • I'm thinking about borrowing a copy of this book, The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating.  I read a tiny bit of it while at work the other day and fell in love with what I read.  NPR has a great page about it here.  
  • Looking forward to my trip to the Post Office tomorrow to pick up my new little photo buddies
  • My favorite children's book illustrator, LeUyen Pham, has two new picture books out that are just too cute!  For those of you who have little girls, or once was a little girl yourself, you will need to check them out.
  • Etsy put out an article a few weeks back that I thought was so interesting.  It was about vintage photos taken in the 1920s in an Australian police station.  The images are of individuals who had their brush with the law and whose portraits were taken while in custody.  Probably some of the best mug shots I've ever seen.  I would have loved to have known who their photographer was because he, or she, had a great eye!  The photographs are amazing!  Some funnier than others.  What's neat is seeing their wardrobe, the women in particular because you can see that style reemerging in the fashion houses of today.  The original post is in French, so I have a translated version here for you to read. 
Have a wonderful week ahead my friends!  Spring is almost here!  Woo hoo!!

4 comments:

  1. P.S. Looking back on the Sydney police station
    photos, I had to ask myself, "What in the world
    did some of these folks do to get arrested?" All
    these different scenarios play out in my head.
    Makes you wonder what stories THEY had to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm struggling with my fuji....i have a few shots that i like but i seem to waste more that i would like to do. i can't quite get the hang of the exposure.

    let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - i just the video and tears are streaking down my face. what a beautiful treasure to have of your grandfather. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!