"Keep it fresh," that's been something I've been aspiring to do with this blog since day one. My desire has been to post an entry every day, but here lately, I'll do good to get one in a week. This bothers me. A lot. I've been trying to figure out ways to keep the pages of my blog from becoming stagnant. Well, on my way home from work, in between red traffic lights, I found myself making a list of things that I wanted to write in my "random" journal just for the sake of documenting it. Nothing important. Just tidbits of information I felt I needed to jot down somewhere, before I forget them. Kinda like making a grocery list, only without the butter and milk. So, I thought, 'Hey, why not put them in my blog?' Well here you go.
- They say you should never judge a book by its cover. Sometimes, I do. Especially when there's a fantastic photograph of a pair of worn, red shoes on the cover. I purchased the book Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie and so far, I'm loving the read. Great insight to what life was like during the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The book was turned into a movie which was adapted and directed by the author. Guess I'll need to check that out when I'm done with the book!
- The photographer responsible for the wonderful image in the above book is Kate Shermerhorn.
- New words to add to my vocabulary: crestfallen (to be sad, ashamed); sesquipedallian (using long words); and euphonius (pleasing to the ear).
- Read a cute children's book about relationships called Enemy Pie.
- Listened and loved some awesome tunes by Irish singer, Lisa Hannigan.
- Hoping to watch the movie Slumdog Millionaire tonight.
- Curious about this book and movie, Sweet Land, by Will Weaver. Anyone read or seen it?