Friday, November 13, 2009

.13::30.photocraft

Photocraft book
When it comes to purchasing craft books of any kind, I'm pretty picky. Very picky. I flip through it over and over, coming to a decision as to whether or not I can truly see myself creating any of the projects in it. Too simple: forget it! Too difficult: why bother? Good photos accompanied by sufficient, well written directions are extremely important. Another thing I look for is a thorough and reasonable supply list. I try to steer clear of books that have repeated items that are difficult to obtain and/or are too costly. Above all else, I look for inspiration!
photo wall
silk scarf
As photographers, as well as crafters, we all try to find creative and innovative ways to display our photographs. If you're like me and need something that goes beyond the iron-on transfers on t-shirts (not that there's anything wrong with those awesome shirts!) this book fits the bill. Photocraft: Cool Things to Do with the Pictures You Love, a book put together by Caroline Herter, Laurie Frankel, and Laura Lovett, is full of ideas that are both practical, as well as sentimental.
mitch's accordian frame
collage under glass
What I love about this book is the fact that these ladies spared nothing to make sure their readers had all the information they needed. From specifics about the supplies: their different options and uses for each; to tips on how to get various looks by digitally enhancing your images. This book is a wonderful source and would highly recommend it to anyone who is searching for ways to incorporate their photos into works of art!

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Nice find and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book needs to be wrapped and under the tree waiting for me christmas morning...

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!