Sunday, March 29, 2009

.a life in lists::childhood.

I realize that it's been a little while since my last post about "a life in lists."  So, today, I thought it would be fun to put up another.  Today, we shed some light onto our childhood memories.

LIST A FEW OF YOUR FAVORITES FROM EARLY CHILDHOOD
  • "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl.
  • Punky Brewster.
  • An Ewok Adventure.  
  • Sanrio merchandise, like "Hello Kitty."
  • Ricky Martin when he was in the group "Menudo."
  • Watching "Garfield" and the "Smurfs" during Saturday morning cartoons.
  • Peeps, BubbleYum, Tootsie Pops, and Big Hunk candy.  
  • Dr. Pepper and A&W Root Beer.
  • The color pink (of course).
  • Tear for Fears and Duran Duran.
  • Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite.
What were some of your favorite things growing up?

2 comments:

  1. The Secret Garden and Little Women
    Little House on the Prairie
    Strawberry Shortcake
    Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper & U2
    Peeps, Giant Sweet Tarts and Bugles
    Purple
    American Bandstand

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I love this photo and said hello on Flickr to it!)
    My fave childhood things were:(all very British I'm afraid!!)
    Marmite on toast
    Blue Peter (kids tv programme!)
    My rabbit called Hazel
    My grandmother teaching me to knit
    Riding my bike up and down our street
    Sleepovers at my best friends house
    David Cassidy (showing my age now!)
    Ballet lessons
    being in love with the boy next door
    My dungarees and clogs outfit (thought i was the bees knees!)
    Reading anything i could get my hands on
    Riding on the top floor of the bus to school
    My grandmother making fish and chips
    Donny Osmond sometimes...
    New shoes - any shoes! Even school ones.

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!