Sunday, March 15, 2009

.a robin at my window.

While washing some dishes earlier today, I heard a bird *twittering* away joyously outside my kitchen window.  Totally dense, I am sometimes, I kept on cleaning the plates from breakfast, amazed at just how loud this bird was.  Then I realized, as I looked up through the steam rising from the sink, that he was sitting on my window sill.  It was as if he was trying to get my attention, as he was looking directly at me.  "Hey lady!  Spring's just a few days away!"  I laughed out loud, and I think that may have frightened the poor fellow as he flew away into a tree further from the window.  His little visit made my day.  I love robins, these messengers of spring! 

In an attempt to find a good image of an American robin to post onto this blog, I came across an article here which featured the above piece,  created by artist, Paul Brigham.  His work has an Oriental touch to it that reminds me of classic Ming Dynasty silk paintings like these featured here.  This robin painting is such a beautiful piece, I just had to share it with you!  

2 comments:

  1. thanks for visiting me - I love the look of your blog and I can't wait to dive deeper into your world. Thanks too for adding me on flickr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I was signed in as my husband's name then! Just mentioned I have been followed by a robin today in my garden, very much smaller than your robins.. I remember seeing one in Vancouver and being very surprised it was a robin!

    ReplyDelete

Just so you know. . . you've already brightened my day!